Silence Speaks Volumes

Picture Credit: Benecia Fernandes 

"Choosing a lover is a lot like choosing a therapist".

This quote has got to be the reason for my silly obsession over this book.
 The author laid a very hypnotic plot, which makes it a real page turner. It leaves you wanting, craving for more. The book is written in such an impeccable manner that it makes you want to unveil the truth. You feel you have it all figured out only to find out that you are nowhere near.

The Silent Patient by Alex Michealides is a  psychological thriller where the protagonist murders her husband in cold blood and never speaks again. He is found bound to a chair with gunshot wounds in his face. Soon after she is convicted she paints a picture and titles it Alcestis, named after a heroine in Greek mythology who sacrifices her life to save her husband.

 Theo is Alicia's therapist and is obsessed with her painting but why is he desperately going out of his way to get Alicia to speak again. The novel  gives you the thrill, the chills and the heebie jeebies. But the ending makes you wanna throw the book across the room in frustration. The narrator narrates in a charming and cunning way and makes sure to conceal the plot and not give out much. But like they say, curiosity killed the cat. 

~Benecia Fernandes 
 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thrilled when I saw this as I hardly come across people who read thrillers. A majority of them prefer Rom-coms. Not gonna lie, I resort to those as well but at some point, it gets monotonous and I feel like thrillers are probably the best source of comfort.

      This still is one of my favourite thrillers. Although I first read it when I was in the 10th, I still go back and every time I do so, it never fails to amaze me.

      I was so obsessed after I re-read it, that I immediately decided to gift this to one of my friends and she loved it.

      I admire the way you worded it, the description is apt. As for throwing the book across the room, I can't quite disagree with that.

      Have you read 'Let Me Lie' by Clare Mackintosh? I love this one too.

      Delete

Post a Comment