Educational Trip

Location 1:KOCL Research Farm, Nuvem Goa 


On 24th March, 2023 our EVS professors took our class to a field trip to observe and study the ecosystem of the sites. We were supposed to visit a polluted site and an Agroecosystem. My classmates and I were accompanied by two professors on our field trip. 

Our first location was KOCL farm in Nuvem. This farm was an Agroecosystem with various flowering and medicinal plants along with various farm animals. 
We saw the plants that we see on a daily basis but were ignorant to their uses and benefits. We definitely gained a lot of knowledge on how to treat a soar throat or a cold.

Location 2: Sonsodo, Margao Goa.

The second location was Sonsodo in Margao where a lot of unsegregated garbage was dumped years ago. This collected garbage is the fruit of negligence. It stinks to high heaven and that is why garbage segregation should be strictly practiced.
Location 3: Raia, Salcete, Goa.

The last and final destination of the day was Raia, Goa. Away from the city's noise and pollution, this place is a hidden gem. The scenery of the place was very calming and peaceful. One can sit here for hours and still not get tired of the view. 

As soon as I entered the area, I was greeted by a gust of wind. I stood there under the tranquil blue sky forgetting all my worries and doubts, listening to the soft whispers of the wind. This place is  an example of how nature communicates with it's breathtaking view. How pure it can be away from the clutches of man. This location is totally the opposite of Sonsodo and that is why some things are best left undiscovered. 

There I stood  motionless, my nerves  calm and my mind at ease and it felt like time stood still.
I was truly mesmerized by the view and I wish to visit this place very soon.



~Benecia Fernandes 

Picture Credit: Benecia Fernandes,
                           Priya Mule ,Nuzha Sayed

Comments