Edward's Fish House

Location: Edward's Fish House, next to Mohan motors, Chicalim Vasco.

Craving fried fish dishes must come naturally with being a Goan. For us goans, fish is like oxygen, impossible to live without. We can do without meat but we need at least a piece of fish with every meal. Goans love their 'xitt kodi nustea' (fish curry rice) and it's pretty much a staple in every Goan household.

I personally love The Goan Fishthali. It is my go-to dish at every family restaurant. It is basically a rice meal with many veg and non veg side dishes paired with fried fish.

Watermelon Mojito & Cucumber Mojito
 
Few months back a new nonveg resturant was newly opened in Vasco. I would always watch the people dine in on my way back from college. The resturant gained fame in just one month on social media. It's fishthali recieved a lot of praise and that certainly caught my attention.

I decided to visit the place with my dear friend and to say I was not disappointed at all. The restaurant had a very homely and a relaxed ambience.We ordered Prawns thali and the price was just Rs 150. The quantity was satisfactory and the prawns were very juicy and crispy. The side dishes were tasty with a pinch of spicy.

Prawns Fish Thali

Overall I'd rate this resturant 4/5 (5 being the highest). There were also many more Goan fish dishes on the menu like kingfish fry, squids, crabs Curry, Masala Crabs and more. I will definitely find myself back in no time to try out the other dishes on the menu.


~Benecia Fernandes

Picture Credit: Benecia Fernandes 



Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... The fish thali looks amazing 🤤 I'm surprised that the price is only 150 Rs. Very affordable and the quantity is more than enough. Ambience also looks very great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment